Lawsonia has two 18 hole courses on Green Lake just west of Oshkosh.
The initial course here was the Links course playing to 6,494 yards and 71.5/128, course/slope ratings from the middle tees and designed by William Langford and Theodore Moreau. It was built in 1930 on the former Victor Lawson estate, one of the Chicago Daily News founders. It's a links style course which mimics the British links courses with wide open, hard and fast, mounded and contoured fescue lined fairways and greens and virtually without trees. The routing has a number of fairway and greenside bunkers-90 in total, but the greens are open in front to encourage the bump and run shot. It's routed over slightly hilly terrain with the greens elevated, bordered by mounded collars, multi-tiered, and fast. You'll notice a stretch of holes 9th-14th which are pars 5-3-5-3-5-3, which were created by laying the course out with the land as it was instead of trying to balance out the scorecard.
In contrast the Woodlands course is 6,186 yards, 70.1/128, course/slope ratings from the middle white tees. It's a pure parkland style design with tight tree lined fairways and 80 bunkers around the landing areas or greenside with some dramatic change in elevation. It was designed by Joe Lee and Rocky Roquemore and is a scenic track with water coming into play on four holes.