The TPC Harding Park was originally designed by Willie Watson and Sam Whiting in 1925, but was renovated to TPC standards, and is today an occasional PGA Tour venue that hosted the President's Cup in 2009. The course overlooks Lake Merced, and plays to a total of 6,845 yards with a 126 slope from the back tees.
It's a beautiful and well maintained course with natural views, and is is challenging but fair layout. The course follows the original routing and takes advantage of the property's existing topography, contours and vegetation. The predominant features include the tall Monterey Cypress trees lining the holes and the views over Lake Merced. Harding's strategy and character have been enhanced with the addition of a few carefully placed bunkers and re-contoured green complexes.