Gearhart Golf Links is the oldest golf course west of the Mississippi and located 1 1/2 hours northwest of Portland 500 yards from the Pacific in Seaside.
The golf course started as a three hole layout in 1892 for the guests of the Hotel Gearhart next door. In 1915 nine holes were designed by Marshall Kinney followed by another nine by Chandler Egan in 1935. It's a wind blown links style layout with scattered trees along the slightly undulating, firm and fast fairways with an assortment of conventional and pot bunkers in play frequently. The course plays 6,429 from "The Stones" tees, 71.7/135, course/slope ratings with three shorter tees.