The Charlevoix Golf Club was built in 1886 and designed by Willie Watson of Scotland. The course was originally a part of the Chicago Club, an exclusive summer retreat for the members who primarily lived in the Chicago area. In 1937 the course was deeded over to the City of Charlevoix and became a 9-hole municipal course.
The holes on the south side (1,7,8,9) are fairly wide open whereas the holes on the north side (2-6) are routed through forested area. There are no ponds or water hazards but the course does have a moderate amount of bunkering. No one will mistake this track for Pinehurst No. 2 but they keep the course in good shape and it is a nice place for seniors, couples and families to play 9. This 9-holer measures 3,015 (34.2/115 rating) from the back tees. Two alternate tees are available.
No golf course reviews have been submitted on this course.